Why Choose WordPress As A CMS For Your Website?
WordPress CMS started as a simple blogging tool in 2003 and emerged as one of the most popular self-hosted Content Management System platforms in less than a decade. Used on millions of websites and seen by tens of millions of people every day, WordPress CMS has become the most widely distributed technology in the world.
What is a CMS Website?
WordPress as a CMS
WordPress CMS is a free and open source platform based on PHP and MySQL. It offers many interesting and powerful features that make it an ideal choice to be used as a CMS platform for many non-blogging sites.
Consider Switching to a WordPress CMS platform for your Website:
Have a look on why to choose WordPress CMS for your website.
- Completely Free: WordPress is completely free to use. The complete WordPress software can be downloaded free of cost and hosted on any domain without the need of paying any software license fees
- Cost Effective: WordPress is a self-contained and cost-effective system that doesn’t require additional HTML editor or FTP software. In addition to the WordPress application, all you need is a domain name and web hosting (that can cost somewhere around $120 – $150 per year) to start running a professional website.
- Easy to Use: WordPress is very easy to use. From writing to editing to managing content – everything can be done through buttons and simple interfaces. Even the built-in visual editor has got tools similar to the traditional word processing applications, which means, if you are already familiar with MS Word, you won’t find it difficult to use the WordPress Editor.
- Search Engine Friendly CMS platform: WordPress keeps the backend code simple and clean, making it easier for the search engines to read content and index sites. Plus that, every page, post or image within the site can be optimized using specific meta tags, which further helps in optimizing the site from SEO perspective.
- No Technical Skills required: WordPress uses a non-technical approach to building sites. Designs can be implemented using built-in themes, and functionality with the help of available options and additional plugins.
- Powerful: WordPress is extremely powerful. It lets you change the look, feel and functionality of the entire website with few simple clicks, no matter how big the site is.
- Centralized and Full Control: WordPress offers a centralized and complete control to the website owner to manage site contents. Thus with WordPress, you don’t need to depend on webmaster, web developers or designers to handle your website. Once your site is ready and live, all you need to learn is how to use the features and functions available in WordPress, so that you can anytime manage your site or its content on your own.
- Custom CMS Development: WordPress is highly customizable. If offers a wide range of colors, styles, themes and plugins that can be used to give a personal touch to your site.
- Free Plugin Support: WordPress offers a wide range of free plugins to extend the functionality of the website. These plugins support adding social media sharing buttons, SEO options, comment section for visitors, animated graphics, image galleries, sitemaps, blocking spams and do a lot more!! Premium plugins are also available at a very minimal cost.
- Extremely Flexible: WordPress is flexible enough to meet all your site requirements. You can start with a simple website and gradually expand it using its various plugins.
- Scalable: WordPress is scalable too! If your site grows to thousands of pages, WordPress can easily make space to accommodate all of them.
- Browser-Based: WordPress is completely browser-based. This makes it easier for you to manage your site from anywhere, anytime.
- Multi-User and Access-Based Management: WordPress comes with a multi-user platform, where the main user can add more users to the account and provide them right-based access to the site contents.
Hence, WordPress CMS is considered as the most user-friendly platform for the development and management of non-blogging sites. Switch to WordPress today to have a hassle-free website management experience.